11 July, 2010

I should Probably Write Something

So, yeah... I haven't done any riding. I'd like to blame my lack of writing on laziness, but I've been on a bike 3 times since April. To be fair, there was a wedding and honeymoon that took up two months of my time, and we did have three weeks of 95*+ heat. Call me a sissy all you want, I HATE hot weather. I may add it too my list of "Top 5 things I would punch in the face if they were human." I think it would slot in after monkeys, but before sheep.

I have been doing some bike related things, if that makes you feel any better. I've been working part time at the bike shop again, and I've gotten quite good at getting people on bikes. That's a good thing, no matter how you look at it. And last night, Jen and I went down to Westchester to cheer on Ryan Dewald (Jen's cousin's boyfriend). He's a pro level rider who, along with 13 other riders lapped the field 25 laps into the race, then 8 of those guys, Ryan included, shot off the front again and came with in 10 seconds of lapping the field for a second time. That's crazy. Ryan took a few turns in the lead and thanks to the all too familiar crash in the last corner of the last lap, he finished 5th. He didn't wreck, two guys in front of him did, but he lost his momentum. Still, 5th at a pro level event after almost lapping the field twice is bonkers.

And of course, I'm watching the Tour. I'm about 3 days behind, and I'm sick of flat stages, but I'm watching it.

It's 10am on a 78* Sunday morning, and even though I'm working off the aftermath of a night of beer, I'm going for a bike ride.

No comments: