04 August, 2011

Almost There

My bottom bracket finally showed up, along with my chain rings for the cross bike. I stripped everything but the stem, fork, front and rear derailleurs and crank from my road bike this afternoon, and went over to the shop at 5 to remove the rest and put the new stuff on. I forgot about a prior commitment though, and had to leave the shop before I was finished. All I have left to do is adjust my levers so they're even, adjust my brake pads so they contact the rim properly, tape down the cable housings to the bar and wrap the bar, adjust the front and rear derailleurs and cut cables. Once it's shifting right and I have everything dialed in, I'm going to have someone at the shop size me to makes sure my measurements were correct and then go for a test ride. Sunday morning will be the test ride, but more than half of the Sunday morning crew wont be there because of the She Rox Tri, or they're out of town. Maybe Tuesday will be the test ride. I'll take a picture when everything is finished and post it up for you. It looks good.

No comments: