31 March, 2009

Just be warm all the time already!

Between a nice cold streak, me getting a job at a bike shop, and my friend having a baby (I'm going to be the Godfather, hence it taking up some of my time) I haven't been out for over a week. I'm also sleeping like shit, so I'm all types of irritable.

Today was nice though. 60* in the sun and not windy. Since it had been a while I figured I'd take it easy and proceeded to do 18-20mph for the first 10miles because I'm an asshole. Once I had burnt myself out, I stopped for some water and a bar, and allowed myself to recharge. I then did a couple of small hills and headed back. I thought I was out of energy when I reached Bridgeport but I had no problem keeping up with traffic and sprinting up hills. I'm loving that me muscles is recovering now.

I'm also thinking about riding to work. It's about 10miles to the shop, but there are a bunch of busy roads on the way there. I'm going to do a test run or two just to see how long it will take me to get there. It's also pretty hilly so we'll see how well I deal with that.

No comments: