18 March, 2009

Sixers beat the Lakers

Sorry, it was an awesome game. Okay, back to the bike...

Lately I've been putting in about 20miles a ride because It's comfortable. Fuck comfort. Monday I wanted change, so instead of just going down to the end of the path and back, I figured I'd mix it up a little.

Right before you reach Conshohocken, there's a small trail that leads off towards the Ikea Shopping Center, and I've never been down it. It's not much of a trail. It's about a mile long, and unless you're riding your bike to Ikea/Home Depot to lug shitty furniture/lumbar on your back, it's not worth it.

After reaching the end of the schuylkill path I headed home. About a mile away from Norristown I felt fine and decided that I shouldn't. So I went up to Betzwood (Bridgeport-Betzwood is 5miles). Even after I reached Betzwood, I felt fine. Thankfully, I was smart enough to remember I'd be riding against the wind on the way back, so I didn't ride any further. I was tired when I got home, but not completely expended. I've been holding back a little because I hadn't been riding for a while and I didn't want to hurt myself, but I'm physically starting to feel good on the bike, so now I want to push myself more. I'm not ready to break myself yet, but the whole reason I wanted to start riding this early was so I could be where I was when I stopped riding in October, around the time everyone else starts riding regularly again. I've got a lot of work to do, but I think I can get there in the next month.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This sounded like a great ride Nick. It is great to read about how you are learning to listen to your body and also using your head about when to go a little further and when to head for home.

Sounds like you are doing some great base buildking and you will be out looking for hills to conquor this summer! Keep on riding!